Saturday, July 19, 2008

Rev Gal Blog Pals is Three Years Old Today

Three years ago today, a group of women preachers began a webring, opened a cafepress store with t shirts and mouse pads and stuff (the mouse pad is shown above), and started a communal blog. In honor of this auspicious occasion I have taken the liberty of penning an ode, a sonnet, a poem okay I'll call it a limerick to celebrate Rev Gal Blog Pals. I've met preachers and their friends from many denominations and walks of life. I've shared joy and heartache (both mine and others) rethought some of my assumptions (some I discarded and some I kept), and found friends.

Three years ago today,
RevGals was on it's way,
The preachin' gals,
And preacher's pals,
Made history that day!

The blogs are fun to do,
The Preacher's Party too,
And Friday Five and all that jive,
Give us a place to play!

We gripe and pray and blog,
And sometimes go whole hog,
With cyber parties, real ones too,
There's always something new!

So Happy Birthday, Gals,
And Happy Birthday, Pals,
Three years today--Hip hip hurray!
It is a party day!

8 comments:

Lori said...

That's a great poem!

jo(e) said...

I can't believe it's been three years already!

Crimson Rambler said...

Hi Owl -- I do rejoice that the RGBP began, and that I was introduced to this great group of people...source of much joy and much comfort, "a gift of God and a means of his grace," I do believe.
I just saw a new "Living Waters AOG" church (in an old movie theatre) here in Prairie Metropolis -- AHA I said, I know a little something about those good folks!

much2ponder said...

ok, I know this wasn't for me, but that mouse pad made me laugh out loud. As I read that I wondered, do I really have to answer that question? I began to wonder why you don't have a mouse pad like that in your office. Maybe you should have one. ROFLOL

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Well...it cracks me up too! I mean, you know its a woman asking that--but I really wanted a tee shirt or a hoodie, but I figured if I wore one the first thought anyone had would be, "Lady, I hate to break it to you, but your butt just IS big, pulpit or no pulpit."

However, I could consider a mouse pad. Or a cup? What do you think?

Has to be one of the funniest slogans ever tho.

nightmare said...

I think if anyone thought your butt in such a manner, my foot may strike theirs until it's swollen to multiple times its original size. That's just not something polite people do. ;)

Jan said...

What a fun poem!

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Heh, thanks you guys. :-)

Nightmare, polite people don't say it. Thinking it--well--probably. LOL!