Friday, July 11, 2008

"She's So Artistic" Award


To my great surprise, Diane at "Faith in Community" gave me an award for being artistic. Isn't it a thing of beauty?? Thank you, Diane. I'd better get moving on awarding my own statues, because a pick or two that I had in mine got snagged by someone else first.
This coveted award comes with responsibility (figures, doesn't it? ;-) )! I must post and adhere to the following rules.
1) Pick five blogs that you consider deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also for contributing to the blogging community, no matter what language.

2) Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.

3) Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.

4) Award-winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of Arte Y Pico blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award -- which is here: Arte Y Pico.

My picks are in no particular order of preference:

My first pick is "Much 2 Ponder" someone I know well in my real life. Our church building has lettering and artwork on several walls that she created for us. A pencil drawing of the two of us hangs on the wall behind me. Her blog, "In Case You Were Wondering" is mostly about her journey with God, and she manages to find the most wonderful images to add to her posts. I don't know what she uses for search words, but the visual illustrations she finds are always powerful.
Late to Life is Jules' blog. Jules has an amazing and powerful testimony--and I just realized that she doesn't link to it on this (a new) blog . Well, her words are thoughtful and truthful and down-to-earth and her photographs of nature are simply astounding. She posts many of them with her blog posts, but if you click on "Who is Jules" you can then click on the link to her photography blog. Her photography is absolutely not to be missed!

Sally blogs at Eternal Echoes. I suspect someone may have given her this award already, but she deserves to get it twice! She lives in the UK, so my chances of meeting her in person are slim, but this is a woman I'd love to sit and walk with for hours. She is wise, honest, open about her struggles, and a deeply spiritual woman, IMO. Along with blog posts, Sally posts great music and pictures and poems and reflections. Some are from others and some are her own.

Presbyterian Gal should be published, and I hope that one day she will be. Her blog is funny and interesting, and if you go there you can click on her story emporium and read some of her stuff! P.G. can write!
If any of you folks have already been awarded this lovely statue, my apologies. If you have two, however, you can use them as bookends!
UPDATE: I don't know what happened, but Proclaiming Softly fell off the post. I intended to give her an award for her "other" blog, Lady of Imaginative Sewing, where she shows us some wonderful odds and ends of creativity. I love her quilts. Check out the nasturtiums!

6 comments:

Jan said...

Congratulations! It's fun to visit your award nominees.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the award! Now I have a couple more blogs to check out :)

much2ponder said...

Uh-oh, looks like you picked only four of 5. Thanks for choosing my blog oh wise and wondrous mentor!I appreciate you more than words can say.

Diane M. Roth said...

all good choices! and may I say I LOVE your blog header.

Lori said...

*blushes*
*bows*

Why thank you! That is really nice. You've just made my whole weekend!

I will have to think about my five.

LoieJ said...

Thank you! I'll get at posting the info on Monday.