1. Ephesians 5:22 (that verse about wifely submission) is in the Bible.
2. Christian women of the world are not to rip Eph. 5:22 from the pages of scripture.
3. I'm generally not considered "butch" by anyone, unless being a preacher means that is a given.
4. You are not a heretic if you do not agree with my conclusions.
5. There are much more scholarly, complete, and well-done discussions than what I will attempt here. I will try to refer you to some later.
6. I don't have all the answers.
7. I love my husband. I don't brow beat him. Well, not often. ;-)
8. I am not angry at the male half of the human race. Actually, I generally like men.
9. I am not a new ager, nor goddess worshipper, nor an aging "women's libber" of the 60s. I was very traditional in my understanding of all this until much later in my life.
10. I am generally considered theologically pretty conservative and I'm from a theologically conservative denomination. I hate labels. I'm not as conservative as some of my theologically conservative friends or peers, nor am I as liberal as some of my more "progressive" or liberal friends." My point simply is is that I do not hold my opinions on this subject because I am buying into a "liberal, feminist agenda."
11. I have a high regard for the veracity of the Bible.
I really do not think that those who may read or comment here are going to try to fight with me. I mean, I do know who tends to read my blog. :-) But just in case, understand that I will not be debating nor arguing points in the comments. That is not my purpose. My beliefs on this subject did not come lightly, easily, nor without some painful consequences.
My thoughts on this could be about 150 posts long. I will not do that. I do not know how many posts it will be, however. You've been warned. Proceed at your own risk.
Okay, maybe I shouldn't have said that last part. Smile! This will be fun!