I said I was looking for signs of spring. This is a clear one. I drove to our district office, about 75 miles away, and when I started for home I had to stop to wash the windshield because I couldn't see. Really, this is a good thing!
1. Tiny green buds on my front hedge.
2. Birds are singing happily
3. The birdbath in my front yard has water in it instead of an ice chunk
4. The stream behind my house is gurgling
5. Our church's lawn guy is out with some sort of machine that takes gravel (from our parking lot, pushed there by a snow plow) out of the lawn
6. There are beautiful lilies, azaleas and gardenias in a corner classrom waiting for Sunday--ahh--the smell of flowers
7. I'm wondering if it might actually be warm enough to wear something springy and bright on Easter
8. I put the snow shovel in the shed
9. I wore a sweater today (instead of a coat)
and last but not least....(drum roll)
10. My Texas-born-and-raised mother is thiking about whether to doff her long underwear!