Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Rethinking Church

Suddenly, I don't feel so bad that I have been reading, pondering and fussing over what "church" should be for over two years now. Perhaps every church must become "emergent," to some degree whether they know it or not yet.

If even Willow Creek has to rethink how they are doing church--well--instead of trying to rephrase it, here is a link to some interesting reading.

"A blank page,"says Bill Hybels. I think he is right....can we do it?

We must, it seems, by the grace of God.

1 comment:

Dr. Laura Marie Grimes said...

Hi Singing Owl--commenting here because the relevant post is way back. I got a comment saying that cool quote I got from you wasn't from Archbishop Romero and someone else said it was from Fr. Ken Untener (who I actually thought was the RC bishop of Saginaw, not a priest, but who knows). That person gave a link to a page with the Untener attribution--it's in a comment on that post at my place if you're interested. Anyway, not sure if that's a definite id but promised to pass it on in the interests of scholarly accuracy. All parties agreed that the passage is wonderful, whoever wrote it.