Sunday, October 18, 2009

Larry and Earlene

Ken and Trinity and I spent a good portion of the day yesterday with B-I-L Larry and his new wife, Earlene. Earlene has had a difficult life, including already nursing one husband with cancer, and my heart goes out to her. It's the first time I've seen Larry since my sister's funeral, and I can't say it wasn't a bit strange and a little sad to see him with a pretty blonde. :-) I liked her. It was a good visit. Larry is going to have surgery next Wednesday, but he seems in reasonably good spirits. He is very impressed (as everyone seems to be who goes there) with Cancer Treatment Centers of America. Earlene hugged me when we left and whispered that it was very important to Larry that we came, and to have me in his life. Made me get teary-eyed. Kris and I will hopefully go down after the surgery and see Larry and get Earlene out of the hospital and over to the monster outlet mall that is right across the street.

5 comments:

much2ponder said...

Larry is blessed to have you in his life. This life is so short and strange at times. Sad to me that the older we get the more loss we experience. You and Larry have had your share. I have to believe the Lord will use this in some way to glorify himself. Missed you in church this am. :)

LoieJ said...

(((SO and all)))

Betsy said...

I practically can feel your heart stretching as I read your post...hard, but you clearly know this is the way of/to life. Continuing prayers for Larry and all of you.

Jeni said...

It's events like these that are often so difficult to cope with, initially. Until we realize that life goes on or should be allowed to. That he feels you are needed as part of his life shows the love and respect he had to have for his wife, your sister, and then too, for you to want to share his current life with you.
Prayers for Larry that all goes well, for the best for him with the surgery and for you too for having the love and warmth, the spirit to welcome him and his new wife into your fold.

Lori said...

((((((((SO))))))))