Friday, October 17, 2008

Coin Toss Friday Five

Songbird at RevGals shares this weeks' Friday Five.

1) When was the last time you flipped a coin or even saw one flipped in person?
I have no idea!
2) Do you have any foreign coins in your house? If so, where are they from?
We have some coins from Norway, where my husband's grandfather lived for many years. I think we have some from Russia where Ken took a misssions trip a few years ago. He and some other guys were helping to turn a former Communist Youth Camp that had stood empty for a while into a Christian Youth Camp.
3) A penny saved is a penny earned, they say. But let's get serious. Is there a special place in heaven for pennies, or do you think they'll find a special place in, well, the other place?
I don't think there is a specail place for pennies in either spot. As for why the US mint still coins pennies--I cannot fathom. There is a special place for them in our house, however, and we save them up and turn them in when we are about to go on a vacation. Once we had $300 worth of pennies!
4) How much did you get from the tooth fairy when you were a child? and if you have children of your own, do they get coins, or paper money? (I hear there may be some inflation.)
I got a quarter. Stingy fairy. Except one, on a trip to Texas, my Grandpa sneaked up stairs and put a dollar under my pillow. I pretended to be asleep, but I was wondering, "How did he know I lost a tooth?"
5) Did anyone in your household collect the state quarters? And did anyone in your household manage to sustain the interest required to stick with it?
Ken started to, but as far as I know he gave up.

3 comments:

Sally said...

$ 300 of pennies- wow!!!! I love the new blog banner btw.

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Thanks, Sally. It's from my front yard.

Unknown said...

Wow! 300 dollars worth? I guess I didn't have THAT many in my car!