Monday, October 20, 2008

Chartreuse Ova and Her Lil Sprout Come to Town

Chartreuse Ova and her family live about three hours away from me. C.O. and her daughter, Sprout, are taking a mom/daughter vacation and they included time in it for me! So today Ken cooked us omelets for lunch and then Li'l Sprout played with Patches the Cat while C.O. and I got acquainted--in person version. It is odd that a cyber friend can know some very intimate details about your life yet never have met you in person, but such is life in the 21st century! We sipped coffee and talked about life and church and callings and our husbands--and stuff. In the pictures below, Sprout is pretending she didn't hear her mom tell her not to stick her tongue out. And in the next one she's hiding behind us. Chartreuse Ova and I decided we could talk for several more hours, but both Patches and Li'l Sprout voted against it. So we'll have to wait till next time!


Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Lori said...

Yay! Thanks for the pictures. It is so cool to see what everyone looks like. Glad you got to visit.

Jeni said...

This past Friday, my daughter had a similar experience as she got to meet a lady who she's been communicating with for several months now online via an Autism Moms group she joined. We had to go to Pittsburgh Friday as I had an appointment there for a check-up with my surgeon so we arranged to meet my daughter's friend at a new outlet Mall south of Pittsburgh. It had an added bonus for me too because this mall is located about a 20 minute drive from where my youngest cousin (on my Mom's side) lives so she and her youngest son drove up and met us there too! Fun to meet someone totally new and wonderful to have a chance to sit and visit with my cousin again -hadn't seen her in two years, since her Mom died!

We also got to meet my daughter's friend's Mom as well as her little boy who is two months older than my daughter's son -both boys are autistic too. And it was really nice to see how well my daughter and her friend had so much in common -as did her mother and I too, for that matter.
Just a great feeling to make new friends online and then to meet them and see that you expectations about that person were all met!

Tracy Glaser said...

love the photos! when i first opened it up in my browseer window, all i could see was the adults in the top photo, then I scrolled down and saw the lil sprout -- PRICELSS :)

Truth said...

I'm so glad you were able to meet in real life. Isn't that so much fun?

I hope this posts. I've had trouble commenting again. Not sure the problem, but twice on previous posts I gave up when my computer wouldn't go.

Anonymous said...

By all accounts, they had a great time! Maybe I'll make it up there some day :)

Oh, and the tongue thing has been happening for a while, as many of our recent pictures show...

chartreuseova said...

After a trip to the zoo in Green Bay, and a day at the children's museum in Appleton, we are finally home. Tired but happy.

zorra said...

Hooray! Looks like a great meetup.