Saturday, March 03, 2012

Lenten Prayer # 11: For God's Presence & Glory

Ezekiel 37:27-28   I will make my home among them. I will be their God, and they will be my people.  And when my Temple is among them forever, the nations will know that I am the LORD, who makes Israel holy.”

John 1:14   So the Word became human and made his home among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness. And we have seen his glory, the glory of the Father’s one and only Son.

Dwell among us, most Holy God.  Form us into the people that you have long desired.  We welcome you to be in our midst, right with us and in us--not just somewhere nearby.  Jesus, we have glimpsed the brilliance of the Glory of God in you.  In your flesh, you anchored Heaven's life here on earth.  None of us imagines that we have known you fully, but we ask that you open our eyes to encounter you with fresh understanding.  Come like an avalanche of grace.  Incinerate lies and denials in the fullness of your truth and love.  We want to see you, Lord, not just sentimental ideas of what seems popular and "nice" to us.  Finish what you came to do as you make your dwelling among us.  Amen

No comments: