Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Good Changes

This won't mean much to most of you, but my church is coming into the latter half of the 20th Century. Chuckle...

We have a keyboard that looks like a keyboard instead of a toy. We just set it up. It sounds great!

We figured out a way to hook our bass guitar into the sound system which means that a 4 foot tall speaker and ugly green amp can be thrown out the window...er...stored.

This meant we could move an altar table to a more advantageous spot, which changed the whole look of the platform for the better.

We are in the final stages of getting our new video projector and laptop set up so we can throw our clanky overhead projector out the window...er...store it. It might even be ready by this Sunday!

In a few minutes I will be on my way to the music store to purchase a wireless lapel mic.

All in one day! I can hardly contain my glee!

And tomorrow I am heading out for a two-day break in a nearby city. Saturday night I will be picking up a wonderful evangelist, professor and saint of God from the Green Bay airport. I am excited about his ministry with us for two services on Sunday. Saturday night my daughter and son-in-law will arrive and join us for church Sunday (guest speaker is one of her favorite professors from her Bible college days). I don't get to see them all that often, so this makes me happy.

These external changes at church are part of deeper changes and that is good. Very good.

I'll be back to the blog next week sometime.

5 comments:

JWD said...

Congratulations! You have good reason to be gleeful.

Blessings on your weekend.

Anonymous said...

*chants* WEB-cast! WEB-cast! WEB-cast! I see streaming audio, little flipbook like stick cartoons, and a sign language interpreter with a patch over one eye. You've moved this far forward, what's a few more steps?

Nightmare

P.S. I might be getting selfish here, but what about hot wing flavored communion wafers?

Anonymous said...

man walking ignoring his own business -he's an ominous thud.

what the ..?
oh! pastor's spring cleaning :)

:) oh yes

PS Don't forget to post random thoughts on Luke over at the 90 day slot. I just read chapter 1 - a day late - in the MESSAGE -in keeping with your shift into newer brighter times perhpas?

There's you, me and Rose.. eija is already on chapter 5 and might blog about it as we go along ...she's not sure yet.

Be blessed dear friend - hope break in the nearby city...

HeyJules said...

Don't you just love when God moves us forward like that - all in ONE DAY???

Enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

I'm just reading this on Saturday afternoon so I'm grinning from ear to ear thinking about the wonderful time you must be having and your anticipation of the next services. One of my mottos is to always appreciate the little things because there are so very many more of them, but it sure is nice to have larger ones show up from time to time eh? Let us know how it all went. love, Maureen