Friday, September 22, 2006

Green and Gold (Not the Packers)


Soybeans in Summer


Soybeans are a Beautiful Orange in Autumn

I am not a country girl. I was born in Good Samaritan Hosptial, Los Angeles, California. I grew up in the smoggy, congested San Fernando Valley. After living in North Carolina, Washington, D.C. (while Ken served in the USMC) and North Dakota (now that is rural!) while finishing our theological education, we ended up in Wisconsin. Wisconsin? I didn't know where Wisconsin was when I was young. I still love the city, and I miss Milwaukee where I worked for seven years. But I love the country too.

The pictures above are of soybeans. As I said in my previous post, autumn has arrived in Wisconsin. We are seeing more and more soybean fields around our area. They are a beautiful crop--glossy and dark green in summer, then yellow-gold and finally orange. Right now there are places where all three shades can be seen.


Thank you, God, for the blessings of living in the country. Thank you for color, and change, and seasons, and beautiful crops.

4 comments:

HeyJules said...

I had no idea soybeans turned colors like that. I bet those fields are gorgeous!

Unknown said...

I didn't either, what beautiful pictures. I have seen the fields green before.

Questing Parson said...

My gracious, it that were your backyard, can you imagine the farm subsidies you'd be raking in?

Jules said...

It really is beautiful here,isn't it?