Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Seven Things You Don't Want to Know

His Singer from over at "His Unfinished Work" has tagged me for a meme.

Here are the rules: Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their seven things, as well as these rules. You need to choose 7 people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they have been tagged and to read your blog!

And so, without further ado: (drum roll)

"Seven Things You Really Didn't Want To Know About Me and Because Of That You Never Thought To Ask"

7. I have bunions. (Okay, maybe one or two of you know that.)

6. I once enticed someone else's dog to my house. I then told my mom that "this poor little lost dog followed me home" omitting that I had used a piece of meat to make this happen. In my defense, the dog was being abused. He became one of the most loving pets I ever had.

5. Today is the day I met my husband. I was just-turned seventeen. Happy May 9th, dear Ken, and thank you for sticking with me through many turns in the road. I can't imagine what nor where would I be without you. love you with my whole heart and thank God for you every day.

4. I once lit a candle at a Catholic shrine, and I did not pay for it. I just had to do it.

3. I still wonder what I'm going to be when I grow up.

2. I intend to be cremated when I "shuffle off this mortal coil."

1. I am drinking clear liquids and preparing to take a high powered nasty substance that will keep me by the bathroom. This is because I am having a colonoscopy tomorrow.

DO I WIN THE PRIZE FOR THE THING YOU MOST DID NOT NEED TO KNOW ABOUT ME?

Let me see...so many blogging buddys...I'll tag Psalmist, Iris, Nightmare jeni, Zorra, proclaiming softly and Chartreuse Ova.

I do have some serious thoughts in my head. I'll try to blog them soon.

13 comments:

LoieJ said...

I did it.

Iris said...

Happy meeting your husband anniversary!

I'll do the meme later tonight or tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

egnightmare.livejournal.com

Truth said...

That was fun to read-all things I didn't know. I don't envy the colonoscopy, hope it goes well for you and they find a very healthy/happy colon.

Anonymous said...

Cremated? Why would you want to be cremated?

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Because I'd rather turn to dust quickly instead of slowly. And it is a whole lot less expensive.

As for the colon, a few polyps were removed and sent off for biopsy. Probably no big deal. I'll find out in a about a week.

Anonymous said...

Dang, lost that bet. I thought for sure you wanted to be cremated so they could play 'disco inferno' at the service.

Nightmare

Iris said...

LOL, Nightmare!

Singing Owl, I played at my place, but I broke the tagging rules. Yeah, I'm a rebel!

chartreuseova said...

I played.

And I rebelling with Iris. No tags, I'm still recovering from taking my daughter to church on Wednesday night.

zorra said...

Yes, you win the prize! :)
But I'm so glad that's over with (all behind you now, har har) AND that you had it done. I did it last year and was so glad I had done it.
I'll play soon--am still jet-lagged and drowning in laundry and e-mail...

Psalmist said...

Yikes! I missed this one! Aack!

OK, I'll play, but I'll also break the rules. I'll let anyone who wants to, play the game, but I'm not going to tag people to do it. 'Sides, (lower lip pout) I don't HAVE seven friends..."

;)

DannyG said...

(J) and I celebrate our fix-up-day: which was on Kentucky Derby Day. We'd worked together for two years with nothing but professional discourse. The rest of the staff on the floor finally lost patience with us and "set us up" that day in 1985. Our first real date was June 8th, we were married the next Feb. 8th.

I am looking foreward to the clear liquids two-step in a couple of weeks. Always reminds me of a GI resident I knew when I was doing my grad. work back at UNC. He would wear a submarine captian's hat, turned backwards, when doing colonoscopies. "Up Periscope".

Diane M. Roth said...

really like your dog story. Warms my heart.