THESE THINGS ARE NOT IN THE BIBLE
1. The one above, also rendered, "The Lord will never give you more than you can bear."
Here is what RevDrKate said to someone recently,
"I get really gnarly about that 'God never sends you more than you can handle' one....I say GOD doesn't SEND anything...God's part in it all is being with you in it! " (and I echo, RIGHT ON, SISTAH!)
2. Train up a child to know about Jesus, and that child will always return to the faith in the end.
I'm all for teaching our kids about Jesus and for praying for them, especially the prodigals. But have you heard of something called "free will?" Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he shall not depart from it" is not a guarantee of having a church-going child, even when that child become a senior citizen.
3. The husband is the priest of the home.
Puh-leeze stop saying that unless you can show me at least one chapter and verse.
4. Submission is a godly wife's highest goal.
See above. A Christan woman's highest goal should be the same as her husband's, to be conformed to the image of Jesus Christ.
And last but not least.
5. Everything happens for a reason.
As Dr. Platypus once said, "Yeah. The devil hates you and has a horrible plan for your life." Such fatalism has no place in the thinking of a believer.
Do you have some additional stuff to share that "aint necessarily so?" (Apologies to Irving Berlin.) And for now I'll stop grumping and go work on Sunday's sermon.