Wednesday, August 13, 2008

More on Marriage to Come, but Meanwhile...

I realize I spent several posts talking about what husbands and wives (male and female) were not. The husband is not the authority and constant leader, and the wife is not the assistant. I did not talk about what we are to be, so I will plan on doing that sometime relatively soon.

As for now, my dear husband is going to lead me to the van, hitch up the trailer behind, and drive to the northwoods of Wisconsin (to the boonies). There we will meet friends and spend four days playing dress up as Bearded Eagle and SingingOwl, enjoy the silence of relative wilderness, look at stars with our telescope, cook and eat and share great food, worship outside, shoot guns and arrows, throw knives and tomahawks, read, rest, and converse around the campfire. I hope this man and his friends will be there. He did not show up last year, and I kind of worried about him. It is the same location.

No phone. No television. No fax machine. No computer.

Back soon!

6 comments:

Truth said...

Have a great time. I love this picture-take lots more while out in the wilderness.

Lori said...

Great picture! Have a wonderful time.

Theresa Coleman said...

Sounds absolutely WONDERFUL.

Have a great time.

Anonymous said...

Have a great time--hope there aren't too many mosquitoes!

seethroughfaith said...

No phone. No television. No fax machine. No computer. ... and hopefully no mosquitoes ... Then I'll know you are in heaven

have fun :)

Diane M. Roth said...

yes, have a great time!!!!