Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Thankfulness 2010 # 2 Voting

1 Timothy 2:1-3a I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior...

I love to vote. I may not love the ads and phone calls and emails leading up to voting day, but I love the process itself.
I know I am one very small piece of the whole of this nation, but when I stand in a voting booth and mark my ballot, I always feel oddly powerful and very grateful for the place I live. It is wonderful to see people entering the polling place, talking with neighbors, doing their civic duty and exercising a right so many would LOVE TO HAVE and DO NOT!

How can we take it so lightly that a good turnout is only half of us? No police are needed, no guns slung over shoulders, no glares, no intimidation. Just people voting. I am so thankful for the privilege!

No comments: