Thursday, May 04, 2006

From Seattle

Thanks to those who commented, and also thank you to those who did not but have prayed for me. I am very aware of God's grace in this time.

Yesterday was wonderful, full of songs, silliness, memories, awesome mountain vistas and family fun. Today I am grieving and full of sadness as I watch my once vibrant sister struggle to complete a thought or find her way around in her own home.

My sister was the most influential person in my life, at least in my childhood and teenage years. If it were not for her unfailing love for me I would be a very differant woman than I am today. I thank God for that.

I just spent some time at Starbucks with my brother-in-law. At one point in our long conversation we encouraged each other with the reminder that it is all so short--seems long to us, but it is not. Our lives are a vapor, as Solomon said, but thanks be to God for the hope of eternity and the unbreakable cords of love.

I'll be home in a few days.

3 comments:

jo(e) said...

How difficult. And yet special and wonderful too. Sending prayers your way.

Jody Harrington said...

Grace and peace to you and your brother-in-law.

Anonymous said...

((( singing owl)))
bless you and your sister and family