Saturday, June 21, 2008

Down in the River to Pray

Tomorrow I am preaching/teaching about baptism. During the summer months we are meeting in the lower level of church and will be sitting at round tables sharing coffee and donuts, etc. The upstairs sanctuary is not air condiditoned, but the basement is nice and cool. If I can manage to figure out how to mute the swearing in this clip, I'm showing it in church! And yes, there will be a point.
Poor Delmar's theology is lacking at some points. :-)

I LOVE this song, and I love the movie ("O Brother, Where Art Thou?") It is going to be a fun day at Jubilee tomorrow, I think, as well as an instructive one.

2 comments:

much2ponder said...

I love that clip and I love that each time we experience a baptism we are given the opportunity to renew our commitment to the Lord. I know that commitment can be renewed every day due to the mighty mercy and grace of our Lord, but there is something very moving about professing our commitment along with a group of believers. Especially those we call our family. God is good!

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

I think something important to do when we watch a baptism is to renew our own declaration of faith! Like you say, an opportunity.

(((((M2P)))))