Friday, May 29, 2009

Stop the Presses: Susan Boyle has feelings!

This is an excellent article. The fact that it STILL needs to be said just makes me furious. Susan Boyle is not the ugly one, folks. I'm not saying that her outburst of profanity was a good thing to do (if it even happened--it was reported in British tabloids). But imagine the stress this unknown woman has endured for the past several weeks as she was catapulted from obscurity to instant fame. And no, we do not need to describe men the same way. We need a crash course in basic human respect. Arrrgh!

3 comments:

Truth said...

Amen!

Gilly said...

Not being on FaceBook, I couldn't read the article. But I've seen enough in the British press to reckon I know more or less what it said!

I pity the poor girl. women are always judged on how they look, not what they do. I could go on and on on this subject, but won't or Singing Owl will cut me out!!

Our paper (The Guardian - a fairly serious and straight-thinking Broadsheet) hopes she loses, as she would never cope with the stress of winning. they are probably right, but its a dreadful situation if they ARE right.

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

I did not realize that you had to be on Facebook. Sorry. Yes, a sad and sorry situation indeed. Whether she wins or not, she is still never quite going back to her old life. I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing. I hope she has wise people in her life and that this realization of a lifelong dream will be a good thing.