Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Update

There is Ken with Trinity a few days ago. He did manage to smile whenever she was around.

Ken took a turn for the better yesterday, so this evening he is home. He is not "out of the woods" yet, but we can do everything for him here that they could do in the hospital, at this point. A visiting nurse will be here any minute to show us how to use his PICC line (a more-or-less permanent line from his bicep up to his heart) to give him the three-times daily IV cocktail of antibiotics. Thank you, everyone, for your thoughts, emails, and prayers. Ken thanks you too! I'll let you know how he is doing in a few days.

11 comments:

much2ponder said...

That is good news! So glad he is able to be in his own home and in his own bed with his own personal attendant :) but seriously, I will continue to keep him and you in my daily prayers. Blessings my friend.

the Dragon's Right Wing said...

Very good news! As I'm sure will be a common response - I will keep praying.

Love to you both,
Grady

Bad Alice said...

I somehow missed the news about his hospital stay. He must be so relieved to be home! I'll say a little prayer now for continued recovery.

Jeni said...

This does sound so much better than your earlier post about him. Prayers always needed, regardless of the situation, so will keep them going.

Gilly said...

I'm sure he will progress rapidly now he is at home. I will keep you all in my prayers.

chartreuseova said...

Trinity will provide the best medicine. I'm so relieved to hear things are going better.

Ken provided me with a bit of a "Scared Straight" scenario. I'm back to focusing on my diabetes with some lifestyle changes I've been struggling to implement, even though I know they will help.

Betsy said...

Hooray for home! I will continue to keep you both in my prayers. And what a nice picture :-)

Lori said...

Thank you for the good news!

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

That is great news! And he looks so happy in his picture!

Mary Beth said...

Thanks be to God! I love that picture.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear things are looking better for both of you.