Friday, March 18, 2011

Forty Days to Palm Sunday #10

Isa. 44:3-5 The Message

For I will pour water on the thirsty ground
and send streams coursing through the parched earth.
I will pour my Spirit into your descendants
and my blessing on your children.
They shall sprout like grass on the prairie,
like willows alongside creeks.
This one will say, 'I am God's,'
and another will go by the name Jacob;
That one will write on his hand 'God's property'—
and be proud to be called Israel.

Joel 6:28-29
And it shall come to pass afterward
That I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh;
Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
Your old men shall dream dreams,
Your young men shall see visions.
And also on My menservants and on My maidservants
I will pour out My Spirit in those days.
And it shall come to pass...
That whoever calls on the name of the LORD
Shall be saved.
For in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be deliverance,
As the LORD has said,
Among the remnant whom the LORD calls.

John 7:37-39
On the last day...of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” But this He spoke concerning the Spirit...

Today we seek for an outpouring of your Holy Spirit. We wait for those days in which young and old, male and female worship and praise and proclaim your holiness together throughout the earth. We particularly pray for our "sons and daughters" -- young people. Give them exuberant loyalty so that they find joy in the very idea of belonging to you. May they find no shame in the fact of loving you and proclaiming your goodness and grace to those around them. Amen


Seek God Today for: Agricultural Workers
Pray for individuals and families who farm, ranch, or have jobs that support agricultural industries. Pray especially for migrant workers who often face injustice and hardship.

1 comment:

Gaye said...

Oh and I suddenly realise what thirty ground I am and pray urgently for water to be poured out on this thirty ground.