Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A Summer Prayer

Inside Hennepin Avenue United Methodist Church, Minneapolis, Minnesota*
And outside

Lord,

Our days are long
and our schedules are full.
You said when we are weary
we can come to you
and you will give us rest.

So we come to you now and ask you to…
Renew Our Spirits
Restore Our Strength
Refresh Our Hearts
Thank you for being the source of all we need
to do everyone you have called us to do.

Because that is the only place
we can truly be rejuvenated.

Amen

Holly Gerth
*I changed the picture. This one is my attempt to capture the beauty of the stained glass at Hennepin Avenue United Methodist Church in Minneapolis. We spent a few days in Minneapolis with Trinity and her mommy, daddy and uncle. One day we stepped in to this beautiful old church both to get out of the hot summer sun and to view the lovely buillding. We were fortunate to catch the church organist at practice, so we listened to the wonderful pipe organ for a few minutes too. In the entryway they had a small stained glass collage that had been designed and made by the church's 5th grade Sunday School. I wish I had a picture of that as well. Beautiful, and unlike this one, very contemporary. It was a lovely and refreshing moment on a hot summer day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just what I needed in the middle of VBS.

Lori said...

Amen. Great prayer for this summer.

Send me your e-mail address and I'll send you the before and afters. Don't want them spidered by Google.

latten7305@mypacks.net

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hi! Sorry to leave this in the comments, but I couldn't get your profile contact to work for me. I am interested in publishing the prayer in this post and wanted a little more information about it. Is there a way I might contact you? Thank you! Nicole