Thursday, February 07, 2008

A Book Meme

Dr. Platypus has tagged me for a book meme. Hey, this is fun!

Pick up the nearest book of 123 pages or more. (No cheating!)

Find Page 123.

Find the first 5 sentences.

Post the next 3 sentences.

Tag 5 people.

Like Dr. P., I am sitting by a bookshelf, so I reached backwards and pulled one out. It is Off-Road Disciplines, and on page 123 Dr. Earl Creps begins a study of "The Discipline of Discernment." Here are the requested sentences:

These tiny mobile billboards also host more aggresive copy: "God was my copilot, but we crashed in the mountains and I had to eat him," or "Sorry I missed church, but I've been studying witchcraft and becoming a lesbian." Eastern spirituality finds expression in stickers like, "That was Zen; this is Tao," and Islam speaks to us at sevently miles per hour with "Man gets and forgets; Allah gives and forgives." Christian fundamentalists push back with slogans such as, "Caution: Non-exposure to the Son will cause burning."
Wow.

I tag Psalmist, Jeni, Kievas, Cheesehead, and Proclaiming Softly.

5 comments:

Jeni said...

I don't very often do memes unless it happens to be one that really strikes my fancy. And, well what can I say but anything that does anything to promote reading is right up my alley! My meme contribution is done and posted!

Truth said...

How fun to read. I recently did that same meme.

I love the photo of you, your mom and Trinity on your sidebar.

LoieJ said...

I played!

Psalmist said...

I played, too, S.O.!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tag--I played.