Friday, September 19, 2008

A Fall Equinox Friday Five


Songbird says, "It's that time of year, at least north of the equator. The windows are still open, but the darned furnace comes on early in the morning. My husband went out for a walk after an early supper and came home in full darkness.And yes, where we live, leaves are beginning to turn.As this vivid season begins, tell us five favorite things about fall."

1) A fragrance

Smoke. Campfire smoke, or smoke from someone's fireplace or woodstove. An autumn smell for sure.

2) A color

I love all the fall colors. I love decorating for fall, and it isn't that I love orange or brown or gold or yellow--actually I don't. It is the combinations that are lovely.

3) An item of clothing

Sweaters. :-)

4) An activity

Raking leaves...hard work because we have LOTS of trees...but satisfying work too.

5) A special day

I love Thanksgiving Day. Family, fall settings and docor on the table, turkey, the aroma of pies baking, playing games afterwards. I wish we did not rush pell mell into Christmas the very next day.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your picture says it all. Great play!

Auntie Knickers said...

Great play, as so often we agree on a lot of things.

Unknown said...

Thanksgiving is a treasure. I look forward to cooking this year after a couple of years "off."

LutheranChik said...

I like raking leaves too...cleaning gutters, not so much.

Mavis said...

Enjoyed your colourful play :-)

Anonymous said...

Not sure about raking, but I used to just mow the leaves :)

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

We have way too many! I mean...12 trees in our yard!