Sunday, January 13, 2008

Recalling God's Goodness 9

II Cor. 12:9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Today I am recalling times when I was weak, but God was strong. It is such a paradox. If I get sloppy, I can't count on God to step in and rescue me. When I give it my best, but I am weak or sad or--just not what I want to be, then God is so often gracious and gives me the energy, the words, the insights I need.

Today was such a day.

My best is never enough. But God's grace truly is sufficient, and when I feel the least strong on my own--so often God is there in an evident way. Have you found that to be so?

3 comments:

Rev SS said...

Amen.

Anonymous said...

There are many times when I've found this to be so...eventually. At the time, though, it sometimes feels like I've disconnected from God, yet in retrospect he was there all along.

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Oh yeah, that is true too, kievas. Sometimes I'm aware, like for instance in the pulpit when I really have no strength...but also there are those times when I don't FEEL God at all, but later see.