Friday, October 22, 2010

A Friendship Friday Five

Songbird offers today's Friday Five.

1) Who is the first friend you remember from childhood?
Jackie Wilhout. I have a picture of the two of us somewhere. Such a cute pic that if I had a little more time on this busy day I'd hunt it up and scan it. But I'm posting between errands as it is. Jackie was four and I was five, and we both loved the Roy Rogers and Dale Evans TV duo. So he was Roy, and I was Dale, and we called each other that and played cowboys all the time. He was a sweet kid with an amazing head of blond curls.

2) Have you ever received an unexpected gift from a friend?
Those are the best kinds to receive, don't you think? Hmmm...I think I should be giving my friends more unexpected gifts, come to think of it!

3) Is there an old friend you wish you could find again? Or have you found one via social media or the Internet?
Ah, Facebook has been fun for connecting with friends from high school! There are many friends I have lost touch with over the years. One is George, a next-door neighbor that was a good friend for a long time. He was abused (I know looking back) and life was hard but he was a kind and gentle boy. I've always wondered how life ended up for him. And there are far too many friends I wish I could find and probably never will..
4) Do you like to get your good friends together in a group, or do you prefer your friends one on one?
Both
5) Does the idea of Jesus as a friend resonate with you?
Yes...he is the ultimate friend...but also much more than any earthly friend could be.

1 comment:

Carol said...

How fun to discover you were also a Roy and Dale fan! Talk as in person? We can make that happen...half way, your house, or mine...whatever works my friend :) Love Ya!