Sunday, February 08, 2009

Deja Vu All Over Again -- or "Pastorette Without a Pulpit"

Our Dist. Superintendent at a rededication of our building, about seven years ago.


Long-time readers will recall that last year in a strange series of events, I resigned from my church and then (before it went into effect) returned. I suspected that the return would be of short duration, but what does "short" mean?
It has become clear that the time is here. Some changes are happening that will likely open up some doors of opportunity for my dear congregation, so this time I am leaving with expectation and joy at what God may be bringing to pass at Jubilee AG. That remains to be seen, but I am very hopeful.

It is always difficult to say good bye to those we love. I have invested almost ten years of ministry here. What has made this more difficult is that I had hoped to know where I would be landing before I jumped. Such is not the case.

I will share more as time goes on. My last Sunday will be March 8th. I guess that means my plans for a Lent sermon series won't happen. It all feels a bit unreal and strange.




18 comments:

Auntie Knickers said...

Holding you in my prayers in this time of uncertainty, goodbyes, and all that.

Truth said...

It's funny. This morning I was thinking of you. I had a sense that you were going through a change/transition. I thought about where I am at now, and I know transition is coming. But there are some things I need to do before that. I sensed you were at the changing point already.

I'll be praying for you my friend.

Chilly Fingers said...

I've been thinking about you today, SB.

net said...

(((Singing Owl))). Holding you before the throne of grace!

Betsy said...

10 years of baptisms and burials, life-changing crises and ordinary days, boring meetings and intimate moments, all bound together by worship, prayer, and song. That is a lot to leave behind! But you are wise to know when the Spirit says it's time, for both you and the congregation, to move on. Continuing prayers for you, for grace and guidance.

LoieJ said...

I was also thinking of you today because I'm so close. I only briefly thought of driving over there for the church service, but I'm a morning-lazy person. Mom is too tired to attend any services these days, but we read her devotional booklet and blessed each other.

Lori said...

((((So))))

Cody said...

(((Singing Owl)))

I prayed for you at my place.

God's blessings, my friend!

Mary Beth said...

You will remain in my prayers. May God's plan for you be apparent soon!

Deb said...

God is with you in the questions and the waiting... I'm hanging on to One Thing right now... as I suspect you are too.

May you have great peace...
Deb

Iris Godfrey said...

Praying with you and trusting for the coming footsteps to be made visible. Praying they will be such wonder and grace that this transition will be joy amid the tears of parting.
Blessing you in Him,

Iris said...

You are a courageous woman of God. I'm praying for you.

(((Singing Owl)))

Love, Iris (from Growing Where I'm Planted)

Gayle A. Brostowski said...

May the Lord guide every step you take. Psalm 37:23

much2ponder said...

((((((Dorcas)))))))
Keeping you in my daily prayers. Each time I think of you I say a little prayer. I love you:)

Anonymous said...

Praying for your leap of faith...

Jules said...

Prayers for you, sister. (((((So))))

Rev SS said...

Hugs & prayers coming from here too SO

Anonymous said...

Praying for you, sweetheart !!!

Maybe God wants you in the UMC... ;)

I love you!!!