Friday, March 21, 2008

Resurrection Cookies

I thought people knew about these, or I would have explained further. I won't wait till after Easter, because if you want to use it this year you still can do so. Saturday is the day to make 'em. I used it for children's church several years ago. We happened to have something going on for the kids on the Saturday before Easter, so it worked out beautifully to make them that day, seal the church ovens, and then open them during Easter church. I am happy to provide a link to the recipe, and to the directions of how to use scripture reading to tell the story as you make the cookies. I never made them with my own children, because by the time I saw the recipe my kids were grownups. I'd love to hear if some of you use this with children and how it turned out. Maybe someday I'll make them with Trinity--pasturized eggs, huh? :-)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

this is SO cool! thanks for sharing it. maybe not this year, but i am bookmarking it for later. Blessings to you.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I just found your blog. I am an associate pastor's WIFE. :)

Have a blessed Easter!

Myra Johnson

http://myra.lifewithChrist.org