Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Suggestions for Complimentarians

It has no direct connection to Holy Week, but I'd like to recommend an article by Cheryl over at the Women in Ministry blog. It's called Godly Complimentarians and "Elvis Has Left the Building."

It was a thought provoking list for me, and I hope it will be for others.

I just wish we could stop calling non-egalitarians "complimentarians." I believe, as does every egalitarian I know, that women and men were designed by God to compliment one another, to complete the creation, to fully express the image of God.

Could we please call them something else? Patriarchialsts lite or patriarchalists heavy, or traditional genderist, or....something?

4 comments:

Crimson Rambler said...

I hear you!

Anonymous said...

Complegalitarians?

nightmare said...

"people who need a flick to the forehead"?

Iris said...

I have never heard that term before.