Welcome to the Friday Five! This one is going to be veeeery simple: List at least five things (people, places, graces, miracles...) for which you are thankful. You may elaborate as you wish, or keep it simple.
I have to keep it simple. I just got in, and I have to head to the nursing home before tackling a multitude of tasks. So without further ado:
1. I am thankful for home. I have been away quite a bit lately, and it is good to come home. Good to see the trees turning red and gold, good to pick a few tomatoes from the wilting plants, good to hug and kiss my husband, and good to have the cat greet me with welcoming meows. Also good to anticipate sleeping in my own bed.
2. I am thankful for eyesight. I will post a few pictures soon from my third week of sabbatical. Several times I thanked God for the blessing of vision--I came perilously close to loosing it--both at birth and on a subsequent occasion, and I never take it for granted. I love this beautiful world in which we live, and I'm grateful to live in a beautiful place.
3. I am thankful for my church family. I miss them, and this week I realized something. I (several times) felt patronized because of a couple of things. One is age. That has not happened to me before, and when it did it was distressing to realize that my grey head was causing some individuals to make assumptions. I also realized that my church family, even the young people, do not do this. That is good!
4. I am thankful for my family, my husband (the love of my life) and our son and our daughter and her husband, and last but not least, precious little Trinity. I wish they all lived closer.
5. And I am thankful for the boundless grace of God, without which I cannot imagine how life would be!