Thursday, December 11, 2008

Advent Week Two: Peace ~ Day Five

Today's devotion is from guest blogger, Kris.

Luke 10:2-6
Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the laborers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth laborers into his harvest. Go your ways: behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves. Carry neither purse, nor scrip, nor shoes: and salute no man by the way. And into whatsoever house ye enter, first say, Peace be to this house. And if the son of peace be there, your peace shall rest upon it: if not, it shall turn to you again.

How would you like to impact every house you enter, every place of business, and every person you meet? Sound impossible? It isn’t. Jesus sent out his disciples to go among the people. He gave them a few instructions: carry neither purse or money or extra shoes because, Jesus was saying, God would provide for them. And the second set of instructions was to bring peace everywhere they went by saying “Peace be to this house.” If the household was one of of peace they would be blessed, but if not, then the blessing would return to the disciple.

If everywhere you go and to everyone you meet, you give a blessing of peace you can influence lives for good. If they do not want your blessing, no problem, it will come back to rest on you.

How would your town be different if there was true peace? How would your neighbors be blessed if you brought peace with you on a visit? No one is insignificant. You can make a difference. You do not have to be brave or loud, nor bold and brash, but you can be you and share the gift of peace.

Prayer: Lord help me to be a bringer of peace to those around me. Remind me when I enter a house to bless them. May my teachers know me as a person of peace, may my employers see that peace follows me at work, and may neighbors want me to visit because of the peaceful nature that comes with me as I walk in your instruction. Amen

2 comments:

much2ponder said...

Hey SO, you have been tagged. Stop by my place for details and Merry Christmas! I love you woman!

Anonymous said...

thank you .